Thursday, February 26, 2009

Bank Bailout Simplified... and why its so Stupid.

OK here goes, put in simple terms... The banks spend all their money essentially gambling with it. And losing badly. The tax payers GIVE them more money (Via bailout). The banks then are supposed to 'lend' the money back to the taxpayers (which is already the taxpayers money anyway), and charges them for lending it to them (via finance charges and fees).

So how I see it. Broken down to kindergarten level. Its like i have this friend... he has a gambling problem and he only has $5. He loses his $5 dollars on a bad bet. So i give him MY $5. He lends it back to me and charges me for him lending it back.

Now i ask... WHERE IN THE HELL DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?!!?!?

I know its oversimplified... but essentially its true. Think about it.

-Jeremy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jeremy,

I couldn't really comment on this any better than 2 The Ranting Gryphon already has.

I hope you enjoy it.

http://2-gryphon.livejournal.com/192130.html